Saturday, October 9, 2010

Business Cards and Concepts Homework

So last Tuesday in my class "The Lab" we did letter press printing, and by some strange miracle I had a lot of fun. In the past, I hated everything having to do with printing - gocco printing, pressure printing, screen printing, you name it, I despised them all. Something about the process irked me. I don't know why. Either way, Tuesday was different... I wound up printing some business cards that I hope to use at the art market. Here is what they became (after a little bit of coloring done in photoshop)...



(NOTE: Some of the textures got lost in this thumbnail. If you can, full view this by clicking on it. Thanks.)

The following piece is a drawing I did for concepts. It's a drawing of a hoarder. It's supposed to be a little ambiguous. Hm... yeah. I wound up not liking this piece very much after I finished it. I actually disliked it so much I avoided looking at it until midterm yesterday. When I saw it again, I realized it wasn't as hideous as I imagined it to be, and thought I'd be brave and post it onto this blog. So, yep, here is my hoarder:


"Hoarder"
Charcoal


And that's all. I'm working on a whole bunch of things right now, but none of them ever seem to get finished by the time I want them to get finished. I'm super hoping I can get my second independent study drawing done this weekend. I'm so close... I think there's only about 7/8 hours of work left in it, and even though that sounds like a ridiculously long amount of time, it's actually a ridiculously short amount of time! Buahaha I draw so slow. ;-; All right, well I am going to go now!

2 comments: