Sunday, September 19, 2010

Charcoal Portrait


"Self Portrait (as a child)"
Charcoal

This is just a random drawing I did for no reason at all. Well, it was supposed to be for my class "The Lab", but as I was working on it, I found out that it did not fit the assignment's requirements. I wound up having to do a completely different drawing. It made me very sad to abandon this drawing, so I thought I'd finish it this weekend. Yeah... it's based off a photograph of me when I was little.

Somewhere buried in the charcoal is a teeny weeny little dead bug. I squashed it while it was crawling on my paper, and I'm pretty sure it's still stuck in there somewhere. I tried zooming in on photoshop in an attempt to find it, but it completely blends in with the charcoal! Ha, I must have colored over it. :[ That poor bug - what a pathetic way to die. At least it gets to live on in art forever, which I guess isn't so bad. I commend it for being such a convincing charcoal speck. :D

2 comments:

  1. Ughhh you amaze me every time you draw. In a good way, that is.

    Poor bug, but I don't have as much sympathy for it at the moment because I just saw a many-legged bug a few minutes ago, and I wanted it dead. Now that I've typed it out, I realize how terrible I sound, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your super niceness... and hahaha, do you know what kind of bug it was? It sounds like it could have been a house centipede. And no, there's no problem with wanting bugs dead! I killed a stink bug the other day by flushing it down the toilet. You will not believe the utter sense of joy I was feeling as I watched it go down that toilet. It was fantastic!

    Well, if that bug was in fact a house centipede, have no worries. They're good bugs. They eat all the disgusting bugs that are bad for your home, like spiders and ear wigs. Plus, they're super scared of you and will do anything to not be seen! :D

    Okay, well I wish you luck with your bug ventures and thank you again for the comment!

    ReplyDelete