Sunday, July 4, 2010

Two pieces that I have a like/hate relationship with...

Okay... so I feel like updating my blog, even though I don't have all that much to show. Like, I just have these two pieces that have been buried in my documents folder for god knows how long now. I've decided to post them since, well, I did work really hard on them, and I do, sometimes - in a rare and fleeting moment - like their existence. During all other times, though, I can't help but pick them apart and talk about all their flaws, which I guess I do with all of my pieces, but these... even more so.

This first piece is from my Dry Media class. The assignment was to do a pastel portrait of any screen shot in the movie Blade Runner. So I drew that one girl... I don't even really remember her name, oh well. So yeah, that's her. The documentation isn't all that great. That blue is actually a little more turquoise. But whatever.


"That One Girl from Blade Runner"
Pastel

This second piece is a skate deck design for Illustration 2. The prompt was "dogs doing bad things." I decided to draw some fire breathing Dalmatians setting a forest on fire. I do have a color version of this, but it is awful, awful, so awful... Like, the fire makes me want to puke. I don't know why - something about it does not work! The only thing redeemable on the color version are the dogs' fire hats. I was proud of those, but yeah, not enough to post. So here's the black and white charcoal drawing... Doesn't really look like the Dalmatians are breathing fire, which makes me a little sad. Instead it could almost be water! And yep, that makes me sadder.


"Fire Breathing Dalmatians Setting a Forest on Fire"
Charcoal


In the next day or two I should be updating with a drawing that is actually new! So I am excited for that. I guess I don't know why I'm announcing it on this post. But hey, yeah! I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I can totally tell how much progression you have made with your art! It's fantastic. I am amazed by the picture of the blade runner girl :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you got a blog! That's awesome! I think I'll be stalking it every once and a while, if you don't think that's too creepy. >_>

    Thanks for the comment! That's really, really nice. Really, it means a lot. :D I've been working hard for the last few years. All of the scary critiques I have endured at MICA have really helped me improve. :D

    ReplyDelete